Upon completion of the Course, participants would be able to:
- Explain Islamic economics and the implementation of Islamic monetary policy;
- Recognise the practical grounding of Islamic banking and finance;
- Explain the funding operations of Islamic banks and finance: investment deposits and current account deposits; Long-term and short-term finance for industry and commerce; Modes of financing; micro-lending and micro-finance; Islamic money products, capital market products and Takaful products;
- Define the regulation and supervision of Islamic financial institutions;
- Identify the practical issues of regulation and supervision of dual financial systems;
- Recognise the challenges facing the Islamic industry in developing a comprehensive set of products and services in meeting the needs of modern economy -new innovative products (sukuks), Islamic hedge funds and Islamic derivatives;
- Relate to the challenges faced in regulating and supervising the Islamic Banking and Finance.